Sport for Life Canada Professional Development Workshops
See How They Grow: Building Brains & Bodies
A licensed Sport for Life Canada KNOWLEDGE PARTNER
REGISTER today for the ONLINE workshops offered below!
Contact See How They Grow to make plans for private ONLINE WORKSHOPS and ONSITE WORKSHOPS for professional development staff training days, and conferences in Calgary and area!
“Physical Activity and Physical Literacy in the Early Years Workshop”
GROW your knowledge about promoting physical literacy and physical activity in young children.
This workshop focuses on providing Early Childhood Education staff, supervisors, and managers and parents with an increased understanding of physical literacy development in young children (0 to 5 years).
Participants will learn what physical literacy is and why it is important to develop in young children, understand the relationship between brain development and physical literacy and learn how relationships, environment, activities, and equipment can support physical literacy development.
A 3 hour LIVE and engaging workshop offered ON-LINE and by request for ONSITE staff training days and conferences.
” Introduction to Belonging in Sport and Physical Activity Workshop”
Let’s give everyone the opportunity to be Active for Life! To achieve that means ensuring everyone has a sense of belonging in the sport and physical activity ecosystem.
Introduction to Belonging in Sport and Physical Activity is a workshop designed to equip cross-sectorial stakeholders (e.g., preschool, primary to post-secondary education, health and municipalities, sport and recreation) with the competence to cultivate belonging in sport and physical activity.
During this two (2) hour interactive workshop, we will define concepts of belonging, explore how to integrate these concepts to improve your programs and present consideration for your participants identities.
- Recognize bias, power, and privilege concepts in order to expand comfort zones.
- Define intersectionality.
- Discuss opportunities to facilitate belonging in sport and physical activity spaces.
- Review self-reflection questions and create opportunities for further self-development
A 2 hour LIVE and engaging workshop offered ON-LINE and by request for ONSITE staff training days and conferences.
- A certificate of completion from Sport for Life and Professional Development Points from the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) for anyone that collects points with the NCCP.
- Participant workshop material(s) provided on the Sport for Life Canada Workshop Participant Portal
- Resources on the participant portal for early childhood educators to share with parents.
This is an approved workshop with the Alberta Childcare Grant Funding – and – Release Time Grant Funding Programs for licensed early childhood educators, dayhome, daycare, preschools and afterschool care programs.
All early learning educators and professionals are welcome to register!
Please contact Susanne with questions and to request ONLINE WORKSHOPS and ONSITE PD Workshops for STAFF TRAINING DAYS and CONFERENCES in Calgary and surrounding area!